[Sls-slp] Fwd: Re: Space Packet Protocol Green Book

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Mon Nov 3 18:10:37 UTC 2008

Peter,
        many of the things you say are correct (I say that - I admit -
without reading carefully the green book after the long reading of your
note :-).

The fact is that the Source Packet (eventually named Space Packet) was
invented for Packet Telemetry and later used on  top of AOS frames with
some limited networking capabilities.

In this respect I think it would be good if the green book, instead of
trying to find "valid" supporting motivation for the technical aspects of
SPP, would recover this historical aspects telling the truth to the
readers.
This would be clearly inadequate for a Blue Book but it can be very
explanatory for a Green Book since - I agree with you - trying to define
today standard thorough routing mechanisms for the Space Packet would be
overkilling.

It really looks as the green books deserves more discussion.

Ciao

Gian Paolo