[Sls-slp] Repeating TC's / SLS-SLP Presentation to SLS area Plenary

Greg Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 11 21:42:17 UTC 2008

G.P.

NASA/JPL does not implement COP-1, however it does implement the
FARM. We send our command loads back to back meaning for a given
sequence of TC frames 1,2,3,4,5... the sequence of CLTUs is
duplicated once and the frame sequence numbers are transmitted
as:  1,2,3,4,5...1,2,3,4,5...

We view this approach as compliant with the telecommand standard. We
view being able to retransmit collections of frames be they
"cyclical" i.e., 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5 or "hammer": 1122334455 as being
an implementation issue within the existing standards.

Greg