[Sls-slp] CCSDS SOIS Wireless WG Proposed Charter for Review

Kevin Gifford Kevin.Gifford at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jul 24 15:35:09 UTC 2007

Dear CCSDS members and wireless-interested parties -

Attached is the proposed charter for the CCSDS Spacecraft Onboard
Interface Services, SOIS, Wireless Working Group (WWG).

We are posting the proposed charter for a broader community review
prior to submitting to the CCSDS Engineering Steering Group, CSEG,
for ratification.

The proposed Wireless Working Group realizes the breadth of application
and technical issues (e.g., security, QoS) that wireless data transmission
may impact.  We plan on working closely with established CCSDS Working
Groups as we go forward in establishing recommendations for wireless
communications in support of space activities.  To this end, we are
requesting 10 minutes of your time to review, and comment on, the
attached proposed charter.

All critiques, comments, and suggestions are welcome.  Thanks in advance
for your time.

Sincerely,

Kevin Gifford
Patrick Plancke, ESA, SOIS and Wireless BoF Chair
Patrick Fink, NASA-JSC, Wireless BoF Co-Chair
Phong Ngo, NASA-JSC
Larry Foore, NASA-GRC
George Studor, NASA-JSC
Richard Barton, NASA-JSC