[Sls-sea-dls] 2016-06-15 SDLS WG webex telecon minutes

Daniel.Fischer at esa.int Daniel.Fischer at esa.int
Wed Jun 22 12:06:08 UTC 2016

Dear all

Please find attached the updated document with the following agreed
changes:

1) New requirement 5.3.2.3.1: The Extended Procedures Data Field Length
value shall be octet-aligned

2) 3.2.3.5: Key Verification Procedure modified to reflect the agreed
changes (merging of Key Verification and Key DB Status Request)

3) Key Status DB Procedure removed from the document

4) New requirement 4.3.1.4: Sensitive EP Service PDUs shall only be
communicated over a SDLS channel protected by authenticated encryption.
I have a remark here: In the minutes it is noted that a 1-bit field could
be added to the PDU to identify the need to authenticated encryption.
Thinking about that, my opinion is that we do NOT need that field since
each PDU is uniquely identified anyway through its Tag. We can just add an
additional column in the table that lists the Tag to PDU mapping and mark
those which need to be proteted. What do you think? At the moment, i have
not included the 1-bit field pending feedback to my suggestion.

5) New requirement 4.3.1.3 All EP Service PDUs shall only be transmitted
over an authenticated SDLS channel.

I also updated the Key Management part of the baseline mode accordingly.

@Bruno and Craig: could you please provide your modifiations taking this
update as a baseline?

Cheers,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel Fischer
Data Systems Manager
Ground Segment Engineering Support Office (OPS-GE)
Ground Systems Engineering Department
Directorate of Operations

European Space Agency - ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5
D-64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 6151 90 2718 - Fax: +49 (0) 6151 90 2718
Web: http://www.esa.int