Fw: [Sls-sea-dls] RE: SDLS BB : proposal for PS comments dispositions

Ignacio.Aguilar.Sanchez at esa.int Ignacio.Aguilar.Sanchez at esa.int
Mon Aug 24 08:47:12 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I agree with Daniel in formulating a less time-dependent sentence when
referring to the Extended Procedures.
His proposal is fine with me.

Kind regards,

Ignacio

----- Forwarded by Ignacio Aguilar Sanchez/estec/ESA on 24/08/2015 10:43
-----

From:	Daniel Fischer/esoc/ESA
To:	Ignacio Aguilar Sanchez/estec/ESA at ESA
Cc:	"Biggerstaff, Craig (JSC-CD221)[LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP]"
            <craig.biggerstaff at nasa.gov>, "Moury Gilles"
            <Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr>, "howie.weiss at sparta.com"
            <howie.weiss at sparta.com>, "sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org"
            <sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date:	24/08/2015 10:15
Subject:	Re: [Sls-sea-dls] RE: SDLS BB : proposal for PS comments
            dispositions

Dear all,

The BB will be revised only after 5 years once it has been published.
Thus, putting a statement like "Implementation of the services necessary to
manage the parameters contained in the SA data base is a mission-specific
function.  Service directives for managing the SA parameters in-line will be
specified in a CCSDS recommendation currently under development (355.1-B:
SDLS Extended Procedures)." seems a bit odd. I would formulate it more
"timeless".
Maybe something like  "Implementation of the services necessary to manage the
parameters contained in the SA data base is a mission-specific function.
Service directives for managing the SA parameters in-line are specified in
the SDLS Extended Procedures CCSDS recommendation (reference 355.1-B: SDLS
Extended Procedures).  At the time of publication of this document, the
Extended Procedures book is still under development ."

Furthermore, I agree with Ignacios statement regarding Section 6.1.
Unspecified ins better. It may also be worth to add a reference to Section
3.4.1.

Cheers,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel Fischer
Data Systems Manager
Ground Systems Engineering Support Office
Ground Systems Engineering Department
Directorate of Human Spaceflight and Operations

European Space Agency - ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5
D-64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 6151 90 2718 - Fax: +49 (0) 6151 90 2718
Web: http://www.esa.int