[Sls-rng] Fw: DEMO MHOMS for CCSDS meeting

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Wed May 17 02:40:46 EDT 2006

Please take note that the HW demonstrations will be cancelled.

I will updated the schedule accordingly.

Regards, Enrico

----- Forwarded by Enrico Vassallo/esoc/ESA on 17/05/2006 08:39 -----

Alberto Ginesi/estec/ESA
16/05/2006 15:50

Enrico Vassallo/esoc/ESA at ESA, Gian Paolo Calzolari/esoc/ESA at ESA
cc
Monica Martinez Fernandez/estec/ESA at ESA
Subject
DEMO MHOMS for CCSDS meeting

Dear Enrico and Gian Paolo,

I have just had a teleconference with Alcatel Alenia Space Italia on the
feasibility of the HW demo of the MHOMS project. Unfortunately,
to my great disappointment, I have been informed that the demo is not
possible due to the a problem to the HW board that is hosting the
codec . This board has been used for the successful demo here in ESTEC at
the end of March but during the transport back to l'Aquila
it has been damaged. As a result, the team now lacks of a functional board
(a new one has been ordered but it will not be in time for the CCSDS
demo).
I apologize for this inconvenience but unfortunately there is no much I
can do about it.
Please inform the CCSDS committee and convey my apologies.

Best regards
Alberto

Alberto Ginesi
Head of the Communication-TT&C Systems & Techniques Section
ESA/ESTEC
Keplerlaan 1
PO Box 299
2200 AG Noordwijk