[Sls-rfm] Fw: CCSDS 401 structure naming convention - proposed changes - list of received feedback - proposed text for option 3b

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Fri Apr 30 09:32:23 UTC 2021

Dear All,

find below a proposal for the text under option 3b for consideration at
the joint RFM/C&S WG meeting. Should the groups decide to go for this
option, the text will be up for improvements and should not be considered
final at this stage.

Please do not start discussing the text now (if not internally to your
organization). I am busy with European frequency management meetings and
will have no time to reply (this is one of the reasons for shifting the
remote meetings of RFM).

Regards, Enrico

_______________________________

For historical reasons, the Telecommand name is kept but used in this book
as a generic name encompassing spacecraft commands as well as any other
data transmitted to the spacecraft directly from an Earth station or via
another spacecraft

For historical reasons, the Telemetry name is kept but used in this book
as a generic name encompassing spacecraft housekeeping data as well as any
other data (science, video, etc.) transmitted from the spacecraft directly
to an Earth station or via another spacecraft

Note that differently from what said before, these notes are required also
in section 1.4 which contains some text of section 2.0. There is a need to
discuss if they should also be on page 2.0-3 and 2.0-5, just below the
section recap tables.

----- Forwarded by Enrico Vassallo/esoc/ESA on 30/04/21 08:57 -----