[Sls-rfm] CCSDS RFM-DDOR WG remote discussions - proposed conclusions for RFM WG endorsement

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Mon Jun 22 09:04:52 UTC 2020

Dear All,

the input papers concerning draft recommendation 2.5.7B for the Spring
2020 meeting and the relevant comments received in writing by May 5
resulted in an in-depth discussion by correspondence between me and Dennis
with Giovanni's help for the RFM WG, and Jim and Christopher for the DDOR
WG.

The results are the response document that responds in details to all
issues raised and the W-4 (GB-EV-JB) version of REC 2.5.7B. Additionally,
two consequential changes have been agreed by the correspondence group for
REC 2.5.6B which got the pre-PINK name.

I believe that all raised questions have been responded to (except the PN
register convention that we agreed to work off line in parallel to the
agency review of REC 2.5.7B). However, I would like everyone to check the
attached 3 documents and confirm that his/her issues have been solved
satisfactory.

In light of the urgency with this (see extract from our AD email below), I
would kindly ask you to provide me with any disagreements or suggestions
for improvement you may have by next  Friday, June 26 (close of business
anywhere you live on Earth.)
If I do not receive any such inputs by June 26, I will submit the 2
recommendations below to the AD for requesting agency review along with
what PINK REC 3.1.6B agreed already in Fall 2019. REC 2.5.7B will have all
revision marks removed and REC 2.5.6B will be called simply PINK.

Best Regards, Enrico

______________________

Dear All,
        I think that some WGs reported planned resolutions to trigger
Agency Review.
In this respect please keep in mind that Fall 2020 Meetings is planned to
start on 26 October.
Therefore consider that the following (minimum) timing requirement
a)  One month for CESG + CMC Polls (longer if there are conditions)
b) Two months for Agency Review.

This means that - in case you want the agency review closing e.g. mid
October - the CESG Poll shall start mid July latest.
And if you want to consider that the CCSDS Technical Editor will need some
time to check and adapt your docs for the poll then better... hurry up!

Regards

Gian Paolo