[Sls-rfm] CCSDS SDLS WG: May 8-12 meeting minutes

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Thu Jun 8 07:50:50 UTC 2017

Gilles,

as far as I remember some RFM WG members expressed concerns about creating
a GB since the MO of this group is to develop BB first and the
accompanying GB later to explain the BB. I think we did not agree to
proceed directly to checking agencies resources for supporting a GB.

Therefore, I would propose to change the text from

Way forward discussed and proposed:
§       Start from the “Threats to space missions” GB to identify those
threats which could be advantageously mitigated by techniques at physical
layer
§       Identify corresponding security services which could be provided
at physical layer
§       If at least 2 agencies agree on providing resources, develop Green
Book documenting the appropriate physical layer security techniques
providing those security services.
§       If at least 2 agencies agree on providing resources, develop Blue
Book for those physical layer security  techniques which have reached the
sufficient level of maturity for standardization and which provide
security services needed by space missions in an efficient manner.

Way forward discussed and proposed:
§       Start from the “Threats to space missions” GB to identify those
threats which could be advantageously mitigated by techniques at physical
layer
§       Identify corresponding security services which could be provided
at physical layer
§       Discuss possible future developments (Green Book and/or Blue Book
on physical layer security techniques) and associated timeline.

Additionally, I propose to add a link to the agreed tasks, changing the
text from

I.Aguilar and C.Sheehe have agreed to continue investigating the subject
following the agreed way forward. A white paper will be produced for next
meeting where a joint session SDLS/SEC/RFM/C&S could be organized.

I.Aguilar and C.Sheehe have agreed to continue investigating the subject
following the agreed way forward. A white paper covering the first two
bullets above will be produced for next meeting where a joint session
SDLS/SEC/RFM/C&S could be organized.

I hope you can accept these changes which reflect the opinion of the RFM
WG.

Best Regards, Enrico

From:   "Moury Gilles" <Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr>
To:     "sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org" <sls-sea-dls at mailman.ccsds.org>,