[Sls-rfm] Fw: CCSDS Review of CCSDS 401.0-P-25.1, Radio Frequency and Modulation Systems­Part 1: Earth Stations and Spacecraft - new proposal

Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int
Tue Jun 28 07:33:27 UTC 2016

Wai,

yes, the mask will remain as is. We only (re)define the applicable lower
frequency limit.

Thanks for your agreement. I will prepare RID disposition and final
version of the recommendation.

Regards, Enrico

From:   "Fong, Wai H. (GSFC-5670)" <wai.h.fong at nasa.gov>
To:     "Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int" <Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int>, "Sank, Victor
J. (GSFC-567.0)[AS and D, Inc.]" <victor.j.sank at nasa.gov>
Cc:     "Marco.Lanucara at esa.int" <Marco.Lanucara at esa.int>,
"sls-rfm at mailman.ccsds.org" <sls-rfm at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date:   27/06/2016 21:47
Subject:        Re: [Sls-rfm] Fw:  CCSDS Review of CCSDS 401.0-P-25.1,
Radio Frequency and Modulation Systems­Part 1: Earth Stations and
Spacecraft - new proposal

Enrico,

Compromise 1:  This is fine.

Compromise 2:  "that the phase noise of the communication chain should be
limited according to the mask given in figure 2.4.23-1 for channel symbol
rates equal or above 10 Ms/s for which the lower mask limit shall be 100
Hz; that the same mask should be used for channel symbol rates below 10
Ms/s by setting the lower validity limit in accordance with the mission
channel symbol rate and PLL loop bandwidth.”

This means that Figure 2.4.23-1 remains the same?  If so, then the
compromise is fine.

Regards,

Wai Fong, Ph.D.
Communications Engineer
Flight Microwave and Telecommunications Systems Branch
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 567
Greenbelt, MD  20771