[Sls-mhdc] Entropy Coder Simplification (MHDC-A-1610-5(a)(3))

Camarero Roberto Roberto.Camarero at cnes.fr
Tue Mar 14 16:22:40 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Giving the little penalty showed in the paper, I'm more concerned about having a faster encoder than anything else.
The potential limitations addressed here do not seem to impact the way this standard will be used, at least for CNES needs (i.e. pixel-to-pixel quantization and/or for our typical bitrates).

My position is that I would prefer the adoption of this encoder too.

Regards

Roberto

PS: Aaron, do you have a preliminary schedule for the next meeting? We are asked to book our flights as soon as possible in order to get lower fares! Thanks in advance!