[Sls-mhdc] Update on MHDC WG Meeting Schedule

Kiely, Aaron B (332B) aaron.b.kiely at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 11 17:43:29 UTC 2016

Dear Working Group,

For Fall 2018 (yes, 2018) the current proposal is to have the CCSDS technical meetings from 15 October through 19 October in Berlin. If you are aware of any conflicts (major conference, major holidays, etc.) please let me know and I’ll pass the information on to CCSDS management.

For our next meeting (Rome, October 2016): meeting room space is very tight and so there has been some schedule re-arrangement to try to get all of the working groups to fit. And in fact this has not yet been achieved — in the latest planning document there are more meetings scheduled than rooms available on Thursday AM & PM and Friday AM.

Unfortunately, the current plan calls for the MHDC WG to meet all day Monday (starting 09:45 after the opening plenary), all day Tuesday, and Wednesday AM. (We had requested Monday PM, all day Tuesday and all day Wednesday.) In the current planning document, all rooms are filled Wednesday PM, so returning to our requested schedule seems unlikely at this point.

Notes from the latest CESG teleconference call for the remaining conflicts to be resolved by 22 July, so we might expect a more firm schedule around then, and I’ll let you know once I hear more.

And finally, an additional item from the latest CESG teleconference notes: our Red Boook CCSDS-122.1-R appears to be at the top of the document editor queue, but with the note “very difficult book.”

Regards,
Aaron