[Sls-mhdc] Latest version of Green Book available

Kiely, Aaron B (332B) aaron.b.kiely at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 27 20:29:59 UTC 2015

Dear Working Group,

I have uploaded the latest draft of the Green Book 120.2-G (the Green Book for CCSDS-123.0-B) to the CWE in CWE Private / Lossles-GreenBook /.  There are 3 files that differ in the extent to which changes and comments are displayed:
  (a) 120x2g-2015Feb26-markedup.doc
  (b) 120x2g-2015Feb26-clean.doc
  (c) 120x2g-2015Feb26-clean.pdf

Version (a) includes tracked changes so that you can see (to some extent) what has changed since the previous WG meeting.  Note that this latest draft combines inputs from multiple authors and multiple documents, in the process of consolidating these contributions into a single draft, I did a lot of copying and pasting, and as a result several changes that are labeled with my name are in fact from other authors.  Additionally, in some places where the changes were fairly extensive I pasted the text and accepted the changes to make it easier to read (in which case I generally added a comment that the section was re-written).  To improve readability I have also accepted many simple changes (like changing numbers for figures, references etc.).

Version (b) has all of the changes accepted, but the comments are retained.  Version (c) shows only the current text with no changes or comments indicated.

If you make further edits, PLEASE work from version (b), with track changes on, so that I can see what is being changed.  If you make changes to version (a) it will be really hard to find your edits amongst the sea of other changes.

If a section that you edited doesn’t look like your last version, it could be because I made mistakes in consolidating the changes, or it could be that someone edited it further since your last version.  If you are the owner of a comment that you think hasn’t been adequately addressed, please call it to my attention.

Thank you all for contributing to this latest draft.  I think we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Regards,
Aaron