[Sls-mhdc] MHDC-A-1404-3(h): Revised Green Book uploaded

Kiely, Aaron B (332B) aaron.b.kiely at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 10 23:02:14 UTC 2014

Dear Working Group,

    CWE Private / Lossles-GreenBook / 120x2g-2014Oct10.doc

This version incorporates all inputs received that I have received so far.

Some overall housekeeping is still needed and there are several remarks (primarily in chapters 3 and 4) that I have not yet addressed.

There are only a few remaining sections that are still missing:
 - Section 5.3 (formerly 5.2) on hardware implementation - Lucana (MHDC-A-1404-3(c))
 - Section 4.2.4 (just a few additional sentences at the end) on hardware complexity comparisons of block- and sample-adaptive coders - Lucana (MHDC-A-1404-3(c))
 - Section 6.1.6 (formerly 6.2.6) brief description of ESA predictor - Enrico (MHDC-A-1404-3(e))
 - Section 6.2 (formerly 6.3) on lossless compression results for different compressors - Roberto (MHDC-A-1404-3(f))
 - Section 5.5 on band re-ordering - to be deleted if no one writes it

Several sections have been extensively rewritten and in many of those cases I have not attempted to track changes from the previous version, but I have tried to include a note indicating this in each case.  Change-tracking also does not appear for some mundane changes like formatting or updates/corrections to cross-references (such as equation and reference numbers).  I have also not attempted to track some re-ordering of sections.

If you have limited time to review the document, you might want to focus your attention primarily on the sections that have been extensively rewritten since the previous version. Those sections are: 5.2, 6 (introductory material appearing before any numbered subsections), 6.1.1, 6.1.3, 6.1.4, 7.3, and Annex C.

Regards,
Aaron