[SLS-DC] EMIT hyperspectral images

Kiely, Aaron B (US 332B) aaron.b.kiely at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 7 23:13:51 UTC 2023

Hi Miguel,

I have uploaded EMIT sample images to the CWE MHDC test data folder.

As you might know, uploading to the CWE can fail if the file is too large. So I thought to myself, “Gee, if only we had some effective way of making these images smaller…”

I split each image in half (an “A” and “B” file) and compressed each one using my old implementation of 123B1 (since, as far as I know, there is no publicly available implementation of 123B2). When you get a chance, could you confirm that your publicly available Emporda software correctly decompresses the images?

I was happy to see that you are an official on the data compression competition. When I saw the prize money, I thought, “Hmm, maybe I should enter and perhaps I’ll win some money and turn pro!” But then I remember that I get paid.

Please let me know when you guys start casting the data compression reality TV show. I want to audition for it.

Thanks,
Aaron