[SLS-DC] Passing of Penshu

Moury Gilles Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr
Tue Mar 22 11:10:44 UTC 2022

Dear Mark,
Sorry for my late response.
What a sad news! Penshu was such a lively and kind person. She was a key contributor for all the standards developed by CCSDS in the field of data compression (universal lossless compression, image compression, multispectral and hyperspectral image compression). Her expertise in both theoretical and implementation aspects of data compression was of great help to the CCSDS data compression working group to reach consensus on technically sound solutions. Her leadership and continued dedication to this international standardization effort were key elements in the many success of the working group. The resulting standards are widely used today in our space programs including many international cooperative projects where CCSDS compression standards provide interoperable solutions enabling optimal use of the limited bandwidth RF links. Pen-Shu will be missed both for her scientific, technical and human skills.
Best regards,
Gilles
Gilles MOURY
CCSDS SLS Area DaD and former member of Data Compression WG
CNES Toulouse