[Sls-ocm] Update on the IOAG Optical Link Study Group

Edwards, Bernard L. (GSFC-5600) bernard.l.edwards at nasa.gov
Thu Oct 4 11:00:45 EDT 2012

Hello OCM SIG Members!

This is Bernie Edwards from the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.  I wanted to test that this mailing list is still good and reaches the members of the OCM-SIG.

Assuming this works, as all of you know, there is no OCM-SIG meeting this fall at the CCSDS meeting in the United States.  That was decided back in Darmstadt because we wanted to wait and see what the IOAG's Optical Link Study Group was going to recommend.  The Optical Link Study Group (OLSG) made several recommendations to the IOAG and was supposed to have completed its work, but the IOAG gave it more things to study.  The Study Group is working on new recommendations to be delivered to the IOAG again, and some of those recommendations include things the CCSDS will be asked to work on.  NASA is proposing to use the OCM-SIG to do the work within the CCSDS.  Thus I wanted to test this e-mail list.

I will be sending out more information from a NASA perspective once I confirm that this list is working!

Thanks,
Bernie Edwards

Bernard L. Edwards
Chief Communications Systems Engineer
Electrical Engineering Division (Code 560)
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
(301) 286-8926
E-Mail:  Bernard.L.Edwards at nasa.gov<mailto:Bernard.L.Edwards at nasa.gov>

"Dream - Believe - Dare - Do"