[Sls-ocm] Spring meeting in Berlin and Inputs for Concept Book

Nicolas.Perlot at dlr.de Nicolas.Perlot at dlr.de
Tue Feb 15 07:52:09 EST 2011

Dear Lasercom people,

*       CCSDS Spring meeting in Berlin is approaching (May 16th- 20th). So far, limited info is available:
http://public.ccsds.org/meetings/DispForm.aspx?ID=101

*       About our Concept (White) Book:
o       A new version of our Concept Paper is available at http://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/SLS-OCM/Draft%20Documents/OCM_ConceptBook_Draft_20110211.doc
   Changes were made according to point 7)c. of the last-meeting minutes. Also, propositions were made according to point 7)e. on the following sections:
   § 3.3. Inappropriate technical solutions
   § 3.4. Possible working areas within space laser communications
o       So far, I have received no inputs from ESA, NASA or CNES. In addition to the new sections §3.3 and §3.4 where suggestions would be appreciated, several sections have been identified where agencies shall provide their views. Please return the document with your respective inputs by March 18th (one month time):
*       NASA: pls, review and complete
           § 4.2.2
           § 4.3.1
           § 4.3.2
           § 4.3.3
*       ESA: pls, review and complete
           § 4.2.1.1
           § 4.2.1.2
           § 4.2.1.4
           § 4.3.1
           § 4.3.2
           § 4.3.4
*       CNES: pls, review and complete
           § 4.2.3.1
           § 4.2.3.2

o       I also recall the action items on NASA/JPL from our Spring 2011 meeting:
*       Describe figures and tables in §7.4 and §7.5 of the Concept Book.

Best regards,

Nicolas Perlot

--
Nicolas Perlot, Ph.D.
Digital Networks Section,

German Aerospace Center (DLR)                 phone: ++49/8153/281836
Institute of Communications and Navigation    fax:   ++49/8153/282844
Oberpfaffenhofen, P.O. Box 11 16              email: nicolas.perlot at dlr.de
82234 Wessling, Germany                       http://www.dlr.de/KN/KN-DN/