[Sls-ocm] Tuesday's meeting + documents

Nicolas.Perlot at dlr.de Nicolas.Perlot at dlr.de
Thu Apr 29 07:32:10 EDT 2010

Dear Lasercom people,

1.	The meeting of SIG OCM will start on Tuesday at 8:45 in the room
Holley IV.
See
http://public.ccsds.org/meetings/2010Spring/Tech/2010SpringSchedule.aspx

2.	I have slightly modified the charter according to last-meeting
agreements:
http://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/SLS-OCM/Charters/SIG_OCM_charter_20100428.
doc

3.	A first draft of the white paper was uploaded:
http://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/SLS-OCM/Draft%20Documents/OCM_white_paper_
20100429.doc
If you want to improve this document, download and edit it so that
changes can be tracked. Then send your .doc file to me per e-mail for
review.

4.	I uploaded a document on optical LEO downlink and on the benefit
of the GEO relay. I will present this document during the meeting.
During the meeting, I will present this document as part of our
discussion on the scenario selection.
http://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/SLS-OCM/Meeting%20Materials/2010_05_Portsm
outh/SIG_OCM_DirectOpticalLEO_20100428.pdf
Fabrizio (Pollara): what is NASA's view on the most promising
scenario(s) for optical-link standardization? Do you plan a presentation
on that?

Regards,
Nicolas Perlot

--
Nicolas Perlot, Ph.D.

German Aerospace Center (DLR)	phone: ++49/8153/281836
Institute of Communication		fax:   ++49/8153/282844
and Navigation				email: nicolas.perlot at dlr.de
Oberpfaffenhofen, P.O. Box 11 16	http://www.dlr.de/kn/institut
82234 Wessling, Germany