[SLS-CC] [EXTERNAL] RE: C&S - Spring 2024 preliminary agenda and inputs

Jon Hamkins Jon.Hamkins at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 4 19:59:10 UTC 2024

I will ask at the OPT WG teleconference April 9 if anyone anticipates
making a presentation at the joint session. I don't plan to, and I
believe the OPT WG will be mostly in listening mode about slicing.
Perhaps some time could be reserved for a back and forth discussion
about slicing.

This is the first I have heard of using optical codes for the RF links.
My initial thought is that adding more RF codes is not a positive step,
since there are already too many.

      ----Jon

*Jon Hamkins*
Lead Technologist, Communications, Tracking, and Radar Division
*O* 818-354-4764   | *M* 626-658-6220

*JPL*   |   jpl.nasa.gov