[SLS-CC] New draft of CCSDS 230.1-G (TC coding Green Book)

Andrea Modenini (external) Andrea.Modenini at esa.int
Thu Feb 27 17:01:49 UTC 2020

Dear Massimo, dear all,
 please find below my comments to the draft TC coding Green Book

Kind Regards

Green Book's Sections 2.3, 2.4, 6.1, 6.2, 6.4, 6.5, and 7.2, 7.4.2 should
be updated/harmonised as well. These sections currently have sentences
that are applicable to BCH case only
Table 4-2, 4-3, I suggest to add a sentence in the text that explains that
numbers in the tables are the exponential values of the protograph parity
matrix
Page 7, second line in the text, it is reported "shown in ," without the
reference.
Several times the book refers to Codeword Error Rate (CER) as Word Error
Rate (WER). This should be possibly harmonised. I spot WER in the
following sections:
Page 8, in the text
y-Label of Figure 9-3
y-Label of Figure 9-8
Page 20, in the text
Page 9, I believe that text "Reference [2] specifies that PLOP-2 [...]"
better fits in Section 5.5 "SELECTION OF PLOP-1 OR PLOP-2"
Figure 9-2 and 9-3: I believe we should show just results for the TC codes
Page 15, Section "Horizontal layered BP", in the text it is reported
L(r_ji) with upperscript "I-1". I believe it should read "l-1"
Annex F, Page 26, Example 2, it is suggested to explain that tail sequence
is adopted only for example purposes (since there is no tail sequence for
n=512)

HE Space Operations for ESA - European Space Agency
Ph.D. Andrea Modenini
Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
TT&C and PDT Systems & Techniques Section (TEC-EST)
RF Systems Division
ESTEC
Keplerlaan 1, PO Box 299
NL-2200 AG Noordwijk, The Netherlands