[SLS-CC] C&S Spring "meeting"

Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int
Mon Apr 6 10:25:54 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

this is the list of inputs I've received for the Spring meeting (I didn't
compile an actual agenda, it doesn't make much sense).

C&S/RFM
- VCM (NASA)                                    (SLS-CS_20-01) we should
be able to discuss it via emails and call a telco only if required. Please
copy RFM WG, this is a joint matter
- Proposal for simulation channel model (ESA)   Not urgent, delayed until
the next meeting

C&S only
- TC coding Green Book                  We should be able to process this
via emails and call a telco for discussion, if needed
- TC coding Blue Book                           We may need a telco for
discussion
- Standarding PN shift registers... (NASA)      (SLS-CS_20-02) I assume
email discussion will be sufficient, but I would need to see the input
first to be sure
- Revision of TM coding Blue Book...(NASA)      (SLS-CS_20-03) Let's start
by email discussion and see if telco is needed

- Allowable links/codes/modulations/directions (NASA)   I'm not sure how
to treat this input. Given the title, it seems it affects RFM WG as well
so it shouldn't be treated as C&S item only.
                                                        I suppose a
decision will be taken once the input is avaible so that we can better
classify it.

My propoposal is the following: inputs should be provided by the original
deadline (Monday 20 April), as if the meeting would take place normally.
Then, I would recommend that we discuss via email to tha largest possible
extend, sending comments to the inputs byt the original start date of the
meeting (4 May).
Probably we'll manage to close some of the points via email, while for
others we'll need further discussions. In such cases, I will propose
ad-hoc telcos that I will organize based
on the identified needs.
I will not be able to hold such remote meetings, at a time reasonable to
all potential participants, during the week originally allocated for the
CCSDS meeting, so I will propose alternative, later dates.
I hope this way of handling the meeting can be acceptable to all WG
members

For the joint with RFM/SLP/OPT about the OPT proposal on GFP, I am of the
opinion that such a discussion should be delayed until a face to face
meeting is actually possiblle.

Kind regards,
Massimo

Massimo Bertinelli