[Sis-uce] Suggestion for CFDP (add EOF-Received Indication)

Krupiarz, Christopher Christopher.Krupiarz at jhuapl.edu
Thu Apr 1 09:48:12 EST 2004

Max,

Tim can correct me, but I think based on his first email his example is
one-way only part of the time.  Those are good points regarding the Deferred
NAKs.

Since a protocol change should meet some threshold and for the sake of
discussion, is there anything that would meet Tim's requirements but not
require a change to the protocol?  Tim, I'm sure you sure you considered
this, but how about just freezing the ground transactions until two-way
communication is available?  Is there a particular benefit to suspending the
transactions individually?

I think Scott makes a good point that if UCE breaks an implementation it
would be good to correct it.  However, whether the correction is done by
adding a new Indication or by modifying the source to correct the impact of
UCE, a code change would still be required.  Hence, I would suggest that not
be a driving factor but it is worth considering.

Chris