[Sis-mia] Notes from September 7 MIA WG Meeting

Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-AS50)[EMERITUS PROGRAM] rodney.p.grubbs at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 7 13:49:40 UTC 2023

Attendees: Rod, Walt, Jennifer, DLR Jeremy, Country Jeremy, Melissa, Beth St. Peter, Falk, Josh, Mark, Sandy, Mike

Welcome to Falk as new MIA WG Co-Chair!
Welcomed Beth St. Peter who just took over my old position at NASA MSFC.

WRT upcoming technical meetings at den Hague, plan on MIA meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday of the week of 5 November.

Lengthy status discussion on Interoperability Testing of RTP over DTN book. Highlights:

Due to Firewall issues at MSFC, testing will need to be conducted in DLR’s lab. Josh has been working with Jens to make sure he has the MSFC implementation.

Lengthy conversation about NASA Glenn’s HDTN implementation of RTP over DTN. Glenn chose their own path due to difficulties with our implementation. Glenn’s implementation has been running for over a month with no issues. Glenn’s implementation appears to diverge somewhat from the IETF RTP standard.

After discussion about whether we should change our standard language, especially WRT concatenation, Josh took an action to obtain their implementation so a redline version between our current Red Book standard and their implementation could be created to compare. Once created, we will discuss the path forward on our standard. One option would be to proceed with our current standard and then revise it (pink sheet) to add Glenn’s implementation. Another option would be to include the Glenn implementation as an option as an update to our Red Book, with the caveat that it diverges from the RTP spec.

Josh is going to invite HDTN members to join the MIA.

A doodle poll has been sent out to reach consensus on a follow-on meeting to update the Video Quality Green Book status.

If any of above needs to be edited for clarity, please revise with blue text and reply all.

Thanks,

“Live Life Forward”
Rodney Grubbs, NASA Emeritus
Chair, CCSDS Motion Imagery & Applications Working Group
Deputy Area Director, Space Internetworking Services Area
931-229-6030 (Personal phone)

Note: I retired from NASA on March 31, 2023. My Emeritus status only relates to supporting NASA/MSFC’s CCSDS matters.