[Sis-mia] June meeting follow-up

Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-AS50)[EMERITUS PROGRAM] rodney.p.grubbs at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 31 15:03:01 UTC 2023

MIA folk, it is nearly August and I fear we’ve let much of the summer go by with very little progress.

Updating a few items from below:

Wireless WG/Kevin Gifford and I have been trying to find some time to set up a meeting. We will continue to try to set something up. Between vacations and other issues it has been difficult to nail down a day/time.

Still need Josh/Jeremy to complete and document a final round of interoperability testing. Gents, let us please get that done soon!

So far as I know, all other actions referenced below are not completed. All, please try to prioritize getting these open items done. I really want to get the RTP book across the finish line. We also need to populate the draft Green book for Video Quality. Reference my follow-up from the May meetings for assignments there.

I know many folks take vacations in August, and time off is important. That said, I really want to show some progress by September.

Thanks!

“Live Life Forward”
Rodney Grubbs, NASA Emeritus
Chair, CCSDS Motion Imagery & Applications Working Group
Deputy Area Director, Space Internetworking Services Area
931-229-6030 (Personal phone)

Note: I retired from NASA on March 31, 2023. My Emeritus status only relates to supporting NASA/MSFC’s CCSDS matters.

From: "Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-AS50)[EMERITUS PROGRAM]" <rodney.p.grubbs at nasa.gov>
Date: Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 9:26 AM
To: "Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-AS50)[EMERITUS PROGRAM] via SIS-MIA" <sis-mia at mailman.ccsds.org>
Cc: "Ristovski, Ivica (MSFC-HP27)" <ivica.ristovski at nasa.gov>
Subject: June meeting follow-up

We were missing several key members in today’s meeting. Joining us today were: Sandy George, Walt Lindblom, Paul Julino, Melanie Cowan, and Jeremy Mayer.

Here’s a quick summary of what was missed, and follow-up actions:

Osvaldo has resigned as co-chair of the MIA WG. His DLR duties have not allowed him to support the group in the way he would like. Perhaps at some point he can return to contributing. I want to thank him for his friendship, guidance, and contributions to our work over the years.
Tomaso has started the process for seeking nominations to replace Osvaldo as co-chair. Hopefully we’ll get that process completed before August.

The Wireless Working Group would like to have joint meetings with us to help them define the high-end performance parameters for their wireless standards. As you can imagine, multiple video streams will define the limits of a lunar based wireless system. Look for a joint meeting in mid-July.

DLR/Jeremy updated us on the planned additional RTP Interoperability testing. His understanding is that is on hold pending approvals by MSFC export control so Josh can send Jeremy the code for the MSFC implementation. JOSH, please confirm and provide an update. Let’s try to get that testing completed and documented by August.

DLR Jeremy needs to send Walt an updated SSI drawing. Other updated drawings for the RTP book will be completed after the last round of Interoperability testing.

WRT Managed Information, DLR/Jeremy (likely with Josh’s help) will provide a MIB to Walt to include in the annex. This hopefully will address Ignacio’s remaining condition for approval.

WRT the update to the Digital Motion Imagery Green Book, NASA/Jeremy and Jennifer were to assess the level of effort required to update the Green Book as currently drafted. Please provide an update on that action.

No participants had yet addressed writing any of the content for the new Video Quality Assessment Green Book. I would like to encourage everyone to try to make some progress on their content assignments by August.

We will try to have another meeting prior to August vacation time.

Please reply all with status on actions above, or any updates/edits/adds/deletes.