[Sis-mia] CFDPv1 working group

Burleigh, Scott C (US 312B) scott.c.burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 28 12:16:51 UTC 2020

Hi, all.  With the CCSDS fall meetings coming up soon, I would like us to reach some consensus on next steps for the CFDP Revisions Working Group.  Because all items of the WG's Charter have been completed, I don't plan to schedule a virtual meeting of the WG next month; the only question on the table, I think, is whether to terminate the WG at this point or instead to place it in a "dormant" (hibernation) state, much like the Voice WG.

The SIS WG chairs agree that the latter is preferable: more work on CFDP will become necessary at some point in the future, and the administrative procedures for starting up a new working group are time-consuming.  Resuming the operations of a dormant WG to address new issues is vastly easier.

But if any of you all believe that the CFDP Revisions Working Group should simply be terminated altogether at this time, please speak up.

Scott