[Sis-mia] Notes from Fall 2020 Virtual Meeting

Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-HP27) rodney.grubbs at nasa.gov
Wed Nov 4 20:11:10 UTC 2020

Addressed RIDS and comments to the Digital Motion Imagery Pink Sheet Agency Review. Consensus from group the document is ready to proceed to publication.

Addressed RIDS and comments to the RTP over DTN Book’s second Agency Review. One RID appears to have been an issue with the reviewer looking at tracked changes. I will address that with the initiator.

DLR/Jeremy Mayer and HOSC/Josh Deaton presented and discussed Interoperability testing for the RTP over DTN book. More testing remains to be conducted. Minor changes were made to the text of the book based on the testing. Both Jeremy and Josh recommended additional in-person testing during the Spring Meetings in Huntsville to better quantify results, including performance during breaks in the link, video quality and recovery time with ratty or broken links. I will update the schedule.

Scott Burleigh and Jeremy Mayer discussed the addition of multicast to ION. Jeremy has an action to address whether any changes need to be made to the RTP over DTN text.

We discussed whether MIA should take on metadata for imagery as a new project. I am going to put together some notes and have a follow on meeting with the group either in December or January to further discuss the topic.

Finally, Melanie suggested we have some kind of virtual Happy Hour event before the Holidays. An excellent suggestion. I will set that up.

If anyone has any adds/deletes/corrections to above, please let me know.

Thanks!

Rodney Grubbs
NASA Imagery Experts Program Manager
256-603-3270