[Sis-ipo] Adding a note to Encapsulation Service 4.2.2.4

Walsh, William william.walsh at linquest.com
Tue Apr 21 00:22:10 EDT 2009

Greg, Dave,

Did this discussion refer to the 2, 4 vs 8 byte encap headers,

with 1, 2 or 4 byte length fields?

Note that most programs that I've talked to explicitly exempt their

contractors from supporting the 8 byte encap header.

If this comment regards the choices of idle packets, i.e. 1-byte vs.

variable - I'm not sure that part is a bandwidth issue.

I apologize that I don't clearly remember the context of the discussion
today.

Regards,

william

  _____