[Sis-ipo] Updated IP over CCSDS document - please review

Greg Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 25 20:22:38 EST 2008

Dear WG member,

Due to the results of the recent NASA Project Constellation decision
to transfer IP over the CCSDS Encapsulation Service, I have been
asked to rekindle the IP over CCSDS WG.

Please note that the WG will meet on Tue. March 11 in Crystal City
(near Washington D.C.) from 1-5 PM. The topic of the discussion will
be the revised draft IP over CCSDS Magenta book. The Meeting should
soon be posted on the CCSDS Web site at
http://public.ccsds.org/meetings/2008Spring/2008SpringSchedule.aspx.

This New Release eliminates VCA Service and HDLC references, adds a
description of the M_PDU header, provides a top down view of the PDU
hierarchy, Packet Overhead Graphs, discussion of Idle packets, and
where to find frame lengths.

Please go to the CCSDS CWE under the SIS area and download the latest
revised version of the IP over CCSDS draft Magenta book.
This document shows changes in RED using the Word revision feature.

The name of the file is: New_IP_over_CCSDS_FEB25

The following URL will take you to the public folder containing this file:
http://cwe.ccsds.org/sis/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsis%2fdocs%2fSIS%2dIPO%2fDraft%20Documents&FolderCTID=&View=%7b390C4ADA%2dA69B%2d4E52%2dA0DA%2d50C48F989C4B%7d

Please take the time to review this draft Magenta book completely.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

best regards,

Greg Kazz
Chairman SIS-IPO Chairman