[Sis-exec] Stepping down as SIS Area Director

Durst, Robert C. durst at mitre.org
Wed Mar 30 12:23:33 EST 2011

Friends,

It's with regret that I tell you all that I'll be stepping down as the SIS Area Director, effective pretty much immediately.  As you all probably know, it's been increasingly difficult for me to travel due to my home situation.  I'm sad to say that things are not improving on that front, and indeed are becoming more challenging.  It's not fair to CCSDS or to you guys for me to stay in this position when I'm constrained in this way.  I believe that with a new Area Director, your work will get the advocacy it merits.  Stay tuned for details regarding next steps.  It's been a joy to work with each of you, and I hope that we'll be able to work together in the future.  I wish you all the best of luck in your endeavors both with and beyond CCSDS.

With kindest regards,
Bob Durst
durst at mitre.org<mailto:durst at mitre.org>
+1 703-983-7535 office