[Sis-exec] REMINDER: Updated charters due this Friday!

Durst, Robert C. durst at mitre.org
Wed May 4 16:17:14 EDT 2005

All,

I'm expecting updated charters from all WGs that expect to continue to or
through the next meeting cycle.  As discussed in some of Adrian's emails
that I've forwarded, agencies are making resource allocations for FY06, and
will base their allocations on these charters.  Note that if you underscope
the resource requirements, you won't meet schedule (and might miss key dates
like a design deadline), and if you overscope your requirements, you will
likely not get what you ask for.  In the latter case, you'll may be given
the opportunity to reconsider your request, but it could be that the CESG
will prioritize activities rather than continue the current practice where
they are allocating 5% or less of a person to a working group.  In this
case, a WG will likely be suspended or terminated until agencies decide to
apply resources.

So please give it some thought, but also please get these to me by Friday.

Many thanks,
Durst