[Sis-exec] An idea (that results in a requirement)

Durst, Robert C. durst at mitre.org
Wed Mar 23 11:13:55 EST 2005

Folks,

Tim Ray did an executive summary of each of the CCSDS Link Protocols (a
couple of pages on each protocol) that is intended to give a reader an
overview of what the protocol is about before diving into the protocol specs
per se.  I think that this is a really good idea, and would like to develop
a "catalog" of these executive summaries for the SIS specifications, green
books, etc.  What do you all think about this?  It would involve some work,
but hopefully not too much.  In order to do this for the SIS area, we would
1) make production of this summary a task of each working group, with one
summary per document that the group is producing; 2) figure out some way to
retrofit our existing specifications/green books/etc. with these summaries.
The third issue is to figure out how to get them published as a SIS
document, a web page, or both, but that's separable.

Comments?

Thanks,
Durst