[Sis-exec] FW: [Cesg-all] Your feedback requested: Athens hosting arrangements

Durst,Robert C. durst at mitre.org
Wed Jun 8 11:04:58 EDT 2005

Here are my initial inputs based on the Athens meetings:

1)  EVERY WG meeting room needs high-speed internet service.  EVERY one.  If
it costs more, fine.  It's how CCSDS does business, and it's a cost of doing
that business.  It should not fall to the WG chair that happens to be in
that room first to pay for the fees.

2)  Meeting room assignment needs to happen (if not to the specific meeting
room, at least to degree that one knows which WG will meet on which day of
the week) at least 4 weeks ahead of time, so that people can make travel
arrangements to attend only those meetings that are appropriate.

3)  Retain an extra room, if possible, for ad-hoc or late-scheduled (later
than 4 weeks prior) meetings.

4)  Solicit meeting room requirements NOW so that we can start to get a
handle on what the meeting room requirements are and can get our requests in
early.

SIS WG Chairs -- if you have other recommendations, please let me know and I
will consolidate and forward to the secretariat.

Thanks,
Bob Durst