[Sis-exec] RE: Joint SIS/SOIS Time Critical Onboard Network Services Working Group

Robert C. Durst durst at mitre.org
Thu Oct 14 15:09:21 EDT 2004

I think Scott has a good compromise (both CFDP meetings move to Thurs am,
and joint SIS/SOIS meeting Thurs pm) if Dick is amenable.  Dick?  Note that
there are the following SOIS meetings set up for Thursday pm:  Wireless S/C
interfaces, TCOAS messaging, and TCONS/BUSLAN finalization.

With the receipt of Patrick's consolidated agenda, I now have a view of when
the SOIS meetings are, but not before this.  Keith was mighty surprised to
find that he is supposedly leading a meeting on Tuesday afternoon, two hours
after the plane lands, on a green book that he knows nothing about.

Perhaps a joint meeting between SIS and SOIS would be useful.  To support
such a meeting, I am asking (in this email) for each of the SIS WG (and BOF)
chairs to prepare a short overview of the current scope and status of their
WG and/or BOF.  In anticipation of the to-be-approved SIS messaging BOF,
which will form just after this meeting cycle, I ask Scott Burleigh to
prepare a presentation on that work, as well.  (We will need to understand
the relation between this and the TCOAS messaging work, so I hope that there
will be a presentation on that work available, too.)  For groups that are
largely complete, such as CFDP-UCE, these briefings might be short.  For
those that are the subject of significant current activity, such as CIS, a
more significant report is in order.

Thanks,
Durst

I am planning to arrive on Monday and attend TCOAS meetings on Tuesday, but
I don't think that's sufficient.  If we can fit in a joint meeting somehow I
think we should.  For example, if Dick Carper were willing to start his WG
meeting at 8:30, ending at 10:30, I could fit the UCE WG meeting in right
after his (10:30-noon); this would give us a free afternoon for SOIS/SIS.

Scott