[Sis-dtn] BPv7 RIDs and Updates

Jackson, Jonathan W. (MSFC-HP27)[MOSSI2] jonathan.w.jackson at nasa.gov
Thu Jun 27 16:43:54 UTC 2024

Hello All,

Attached is the updated BPv7 book and RID spreadsheet for Final Reviews.
We've drafted the following note for RID 115 based on our discussion during today's telecon:

RID#
Paragraph Number
RID Short Title
From
Supporting Analysis
115
4.3.4
Creation Timestamp Sequence Number Clarification
The creation timestamp shall comprise the bundle creation time and the creation timestamp sequence number.
The creation timestamp shall comprise the bundle creation time and the creation timestamp sequence number.

NOTE: Implementations may choose to use the source node id and the creation timestamp sequence number. However, a global counter or a separate counter for each fully qualified source node ID is possible.
Without this wording there is enough ambiguity to allow for implementors to either associate the sequence number of the creation timestamp to a global counter which is the intent or on a per service basis potentially leading to unintended behavior.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Thanks,
Jonathan