[Sis-dtn] FW: [EXTERNAL] BPv7 PID resolution

Dr. Keith L Scott kscott at mitre.org
Tue Nov 15 18:54:35 UTC 2022

Some folks were having difficulties reading Peter’s emails.

Forwarding unsigned.

                                --keith

From: Shames, Peter M (US 312B) <peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 12:47 PM
To: Dr. Keith L Scott <kscott at mitre.org>, Cerf, Vinton <vint at google.com>, Felix Flentge <Felix.Flentge at esa.int>
Cc: Blanding, Beau T. (MSFC-HP27)[HOSC SERVICES CONTRACT] <beau.t.blanding at nasa.gov>, sis-dtn at mailman.ccsds.org <sis-dtn at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: Re: [Sis-dtn] [EXTERNAL] BPv7 PID resolution

Hi Keith,

Yes, something like that is what makes sense to me.  It is transparent about what will need to be done without being prescriptive at this point, where the machinery that would help is still unspecified.  I think of it as a sort of “leg up”.

You did not mention it, but I assume that you are still going to include some sort of SANA node registry too.  Right?

Thanks, Peter