[Sis-dtn] LTP vs LTPv2

Sanchez Net, Marc (US 332H) marc.sanchez.net at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 6 22:20:39 UTC 2021

All,

I had to leave today's meeting early. Did we reach consensus on how to proceed?

Also, I will note that some colleagues at JPL (I have similar concerns) do not really like the idea of turning the current version of LTP into a silver book. The problem is that, by definition, a silver book implies that a protocol is deprecated or obsolete, but several systems that are being built today use BPv6+LTP or BPv7+LTP and thus might be in operation for a long time. So, essentially, we are "telling" industry that they have developed an already obsolete standard?

Best,
Marc Sanchez Net
Telecommunications Engineer
Jet Propulsion Laboratory