[Sis-dtn] SIS-DTN Telecon 20210324

Felix.Flentge at esa.int Felix.Flentge at esa.int
Thu Mar 25 10:19:17 UTC 2021

Hi Keith,

maybe there has been something wrong with the link in the invitation.
Teams was telling me the whole time that the meeting did not start yet.

Regards,
Felix

From:   "Dr. Keith L Scott" <kscott at mitre.org>
To:     "sis-dtn at mailman.ccsds.org" <sis-dtn at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date:   24/03/2021 18:20
Subject:        [Sis-dtn] SIS-DTN Telecon 20210324
Sent by:        "SIS-DTN" <sis-dtn-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

We had a lightly-attended SIS-DTN mtg today.  Notes are here:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/fm/wiki/SitePages/20210324.aspx and below.

                        v/r,

                        --keith

Dr. Keith Scott
L110 Chief Architect, Advanced Networking for Assured Communications
Office:    703.983.6547
Cell:        301.437.4472
Email:     kscott at mitre.org

The MITRE Corporation
M/S J500
7596 Colshire Drive
McLean, VA 22102

MITRE self-signs its own certificates.  Information about the MITRE PKI
Certificate Chain is available from https://www.mitre.org/tech/mii/pki/

?SIS-DTN WG Mtg20210324

SIS-DTN Home?

LTP
Updates to LTP Things List
Discussi?on: How many configurations should be mandatory to implement?
Have one implementation (maybe the mandatory one?) use variable-length
fields?
What if we don?t mandate ANY required-to-implement configuration?
Josh argues for at least one mandatory to ensure some interoperability
Still no auto-negotiation of which profile to use -- that?s still
configuration
Stripped-down fixed-length field version for mandatory implementation
would be OK.

Should CCSDS mandate implementation of at least one interoperable profile?
Pros:
There would be at least one profile that you could guarantee would work
with all LTP implementations.  A user picking up two LTP iplementations
would be guaranteed that they could at least be made to interoperate (even
if the mandatory profile doesn't produce particuarly good performance).
Cons:
?Requires implementers to implement something that they might not ever
use.?
?Need to think on this more.
BPv7
?See the BPv7 Update Page?
?
??Non-singleton-destination stuff in draft-31
Changes to dispatching and forwarding failed subsections
Inclusion of DTN URI Scheme (CCSDS spec required use of the ipn naming
scheme); use of IMC naming scheme.
Discovery mechanism?  More targeted at human spaceflight / lunar
exploration?  What link-layer mechanism to use (USLP?  USLP with some sort
of modified COP?)  Need some sort of broadcast address?  Prox-1?
Something to force identification of connecting nodes at the CLA level?
Make them send a bundle with a previous-hop-block when you establish a
connection?  Needs to be part of the (all?) CLA protocol(s).
@Keith: Cross-check this stuff with:?
Lee's briefing at CCSDS last year
Jonathan Wilmot's deisred capabilities
And build out a spreadsheet of