[Sis-dtn] Telecon Notes 20210224

Dr. Keith L Scott kscott at mitre.org
Wed Feb 24 16:52:29 UTC 2021

SIS-DTN Telecon

LTP

Took some notes in the SharePoint List here:

https://cwe.ccsds.org/fm/wiki/Lists/SISDTN%20LTP%20Update%202021/AllItems.aspx

What testing / experimentation to drive out issues?

• LTP Extension Header vs. small Green Blocks to signal adaptive coding and modulation.

• ESA looking to use LTP for optical; no experimentation expected for 8-12 months

ReTx cycle limit & Discretionary Checkpoints

People to come up with draft clarifying language and we’ll review.  Consult the RFC5326 text to see if we want to ‘normativeize’ it.  Keith to collect text from RFC5326 to provide context.

BPv7

Keith to build a list of items like the LTP list for discussion at next meeting.

BPSec

In Security WG processing; we need to notify them of status of BPSec doc in IETF.

People need to review current draft and we’ll work any proposed changes to the SEA-SEC WG ASAP:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dtn-bpsec-27

Default security context from IETF is probably not what we want in CCSDS; we might need to define our own set.

ESA to start an activity on security.

NM Books

Links to I-Ds

NM books going through IETF, about to become WG documents, changes as a result of reviews may be coming over the next 8-12 months.

ICPA Need Dates for NM updated to 2028,  we can prioritize the other efforts above these.