[Sis-dtn] Draft NM Green Book for discussion at Fall Meetings

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Tue Sep 18 15:56:31 UTC 2018

Greetings,

Three items:
Attached is a draft book intended to evolve into the DTN NM Green Book for discussion at the fall meetings.  If you’re familiar with Ed Birrane’s Asynchronous Management Architecture document (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birrane-dtn-ama/) you’ll note that it’s somewhat duplicative.
Although we don’t have a CCSDS-formatted document for the DTN NM *protocol* yet, I’d like to propose adapting/adopting a version of the Asynchronous Management Protocol described here (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birrane-dtn-amp/)
I’m starting to build the agenda:  So far I have
During the SIS-DTN Meetings on Thursday 10/18
                                                              i.      Update of AES DTN activities.

                                                             ii.      Discussions of the NM books mentioned above.

                                                           iii.      Discuss some SANA-related items that came out of SANA/SEA (I’ll provide a synopsis before the meetings)
On Tuesday 10/16 (nominally 1430)
                                                              i.      SIS-DTN meeting w/ SEA-SEC late afternoon to discuss comments (RIDS?) on SIS-DTN SBSP document.
On Wednesday 10/17 at 1330
                                                              i.      SIS-DTN meeting w/ SM&C MO Services to discuss how they might use DTN/BP as a transport mechanism (from Sam Cooper email).
I got with Scott and got him to switch the DTN Interoperability meeting from Friday PM to Friday AM so we can hopefully have a higher attendance.  If you have material on DTN deployments / testing / other that you’d like to present, please let me know and I’ll include it.  The SIS plenary will be Friday PM.

Looking forward to seeing you in Berlin,

                                --keith

Dr. Keith Scott                                                                                                      Office: +1.703.983.6547

Chief Engineer, Communications Network Engineering & Analysis           Fax:      +1.703.983.7142

Advanced Data Transport Capability Area Lead                                             Email:  kscott at mitre.org

The MITRE Corporation

M/S J500

7515 Colshire Drive