[Sis-dtn] Call for Agenda Topics for Spring SIS-DTN Meetings

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Wed Mar 9 14:05:50 UTC 2016

I need to get the agenda together for the Spring Meetings.  Before I throw out a tentative list of topics, I’d like to reiterate:
We need another agency (or at least someone working non-ION) to commit to doing a BPSec implementation.
This shouldn’t be a ton of work, as they can pick up the current implementation in DTN2 and bring it up-to-date w.r.t. Dennis’ recasting of the IETF BPSec draft.  I’d estimate this at two months of actual coding time (which includes a pretty generous margin).

The obvious things to discuss at the meeting are:
Schedule-Aware Routing Draft
BPSec for CCSDS Draft
We should probably touch base with the Motion Imagery Applications folks who are starting a book describing experiences with / requirements for streaming using the Bundle Protocol, but we don’t currently have a joint meeting planned (those interested can attend the MIA meetings Tuesday AM and Wed. PM).
We should talk about the current IETF draft for the revised Bundle Protocol and BPSec drafts.  The IETF DTN WG meeting is currently scheduled for 1000-1230 on Monday (Buenos Aires time, hang on…).  OK, that’s good, it completely overlaps with the CCSDS plenary, sweet.  Scott and/or Ed, — can you give us an update?
Anything for network management?  I know Jeremy’s been busy doing stuff.

I think Lee / Kelvin can give us an update on ISS deployment for the interoperability session (?)
Anyone else for the interoperability session?  These were supposed to help people coordinate international / inter-agency interoperability tests and experiments.
Anyone have other topics they’d like to bring up?  Experiences with / suggestions for DTN in METERON?

Oh, and on a side note: NASA just public-released the CORE scenarios I showed in Darmstadt.  The ISO image (from which I think you can install to a read-write virtual machine or physical machine) is about 1.5GB.  If you’re interested in a copy send me an email and I’ll send you information on how to pull a copy off of MITRE’s public-facing file transfer service.

—keith

Dr. Keith Scott                                                                       Office: +1.703.983.6547

Chief Engineer, J86A                                                            Fax:      +1.703.983.7142

Communications Network Engineering & Analysis Email:  kscott at mitre.org

The MITRE Corporation

M/S H300

7515 Colshire Drive

McLean, VA 22102

Area Director, CCSDS Space Internetworking Services

MITRE self-signs its own certificates.  Information about the MITRE PKI Certificate Chain is available from http://www.mitre.org/tech/mii/pki/