[Sis-dtn] IETF WG Meetings, Yokomama

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Mon Nov 2 14:20:52 UTC 2015

Greetings,

As a reminder, the IETF DTN Working Group meeting will take place at 1pm, Tuesday November 3 in Yokohama (JST).  This is our chance (albeit at somewhat inconvenient hours for some) to ensure that the concerns of CCSDS agencies are addressed in the protocols the IETF is developing.

That translates to the following times TODAY (Monday, November 2) in the US:

8pm PST
10pm CST
11pm EST

And TOMORROW MORNING in Central Europe:
5am CET

The agenda page has links to the audio stream and dtn chatroom.  The Remote Access page has links for Meetecho (which I think should include video).

The Agenda for the meetings is reproduced here:
	DTN Working Group
          IETF 94
          Yokohama, Japan
          November 3rd 2015

          Primary objective: move forward rfc5050bis.
          Note: we may not have time to cover all presentations. highest priority is rfc5050bis

          Agenda:

          1) Administrativia, co-chairs

          2) RFC5050bis (draft-dtnwg-bp), Scott Burleigh

          3) SBSP (draft-birrane-dtn-sbsp), Ed Birrane

          4) Security Key Management (draft-templin-dtnskmreq,draft-viswanathan-dtnwg-pkdn), Fred Templin

          5) Network Management (draft-birrane-dtn-amp*), Ed Birrane

          6) Next steps (co-chairs)

This is defining the direction for the revised RFC5050 (Bundle Protocol) and Security documents that CCSDS will be considering when it comes time to review our documents.  Ensuring that the various protocols meet the needs (or at least don’t preclude meeting the needs) of agencies is important here.  Our (SIS-DTN’s) goal is to shape the IETF protocols so as to make them as easy as possible to adopt/adapt into CCSDS, and some degree of interoperability (possibly via gateways) between the CCSDS DTN protocols and the IETF protocols is VERY IMPORTANT (it will let CCSDS agencies simply purchase terrestrial equipment, e.g.).

Please participate to the degree possible; we can review the outcomes in Darmstadt and make suggestions back to the IETF there, but if there are concerns, it’s much better to get them in front of the WG during the meetings.

V/r,

—keith

Dr. Keith Scott                                                                       Office: +1.703.983.6547

Chief Engineer, J86A                                                            Fax:      +1.703.983.7142

Communications Network Engineering & Analysis Email:  kscott at mitre.org

The MITRE Corporation

M/S H300

7515 Colshire Drive

McLean, VA 22102

Area Director, CCSDS Space Internetworking Services

MITRE self-signs its own certificates.  Information about the MITRE PKI Certificate Chain is available from http://www.mitre.org/tech/mii/pki/