[Sis-dtn] Announcing Sphere & DTN-O-Tron - Our Open-Source DTNMP Management Tool

Jeremy Pierce-Mayer jeremy.mayer at dlr.de
Tue May 12 15:21:06 UTC 2015

It is with great pride that we release Sphere & DTN-O-Tron into the world.
Sphere is a web-based frontend for the management of ION DTN networks
(utilizing the IPN namespace), while DTN-O-Tron (AKA: Sphere Middleware) is
the flexible middleware which runs behind it. The middleware communicates
with a MongoDB database, as well as a heavily patched version of the ION/APL
DTNMP reference implementation. The DTNMP implemention has been changed to
utilize an TCP-based RPC system, as well as allowing type-safe commanding of
ION parameters, such as contacts and groups.

Current Features:
 *   Adding/removing node plans (IP, port, protocol, etc)
 *   Adding/removing/modifying CGR contacts & ranges
 *   Creating reporting profiles, which can be run remotely on nodes.
 *   Viewing generated reports.
 *   Reading the currently-configured CGR contacts and ranges
 *   The ability to verify commanded range/contact changes were successfully
implemented "at a glance"

Availability:
We have put everything on our corporate github account,
<https://github.com/INSYEN> https://github.com/INSYEN

For a high-level installation guide, please see:
<https://github.com/INSYEN/Sphere_Middleware/wiki/Installation>
https://github.com/INSYEN/Sphere_Middleware/wiki/Installation

Contribution:

We are happy to contribute this to the CCSDS community, but would be even
happier to work with others. If you're interested, start playing with the
code, and please send myself ( <mailto:jeremy.mayer at dlr.de>
jeremy.mayer at dlr.de) or Jens ( <mailto:Jens.Janssen at dlr.de>
Jens.Janssen at dlr.de) an email.

Thanks,