[Sis-dtn] Bundle Signing And Encryption With CMS

Burleigh, Scott C (312B) scott.c.burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 1 16:14:57 UTC 2015

Excellent point, Tomaso.  I think the near-term requirements will come from upcoming ISS payloads such as the ECOSTRESS experiment, but I don't think anybody has got details yet.  In general, I agree: less overhead is better, and uplink probably imposes more stringent constraints than downlink.  One other point: space flight missions won't necessarily be the only bandwidth-constrained users of DTN.  Untethered undersea vehicles, for example, are a prime use case for DTN and their transmission data rates are very limited.

Scott