[Sis-dtn] RE: JAXA RID on LTP -- LTP and Sequential Delivery

Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de Tomaso.deCola at dlr.de
Thu Aug 7 07:27:04 UTC 2014

As pointed out by Scott, I think current description of LTP is complete for what regards the services and related specification. LTPCLA specification is also quite clear in this respect. Further to this, section 2.3.2 already illustrates the services not supported by LTP, such as the in-order delivery. Maybe you can insert here the note you are suggesting, to show how in-order delivery might be ensured by protocol layers running on top of LTP, though not requiring any interface support from LTP.

Best Regards,

Tomaso

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Communications and Navigation | Satellite Networks | Oberpfaffenhofen | 82234 Wessling | Germany
Tomaso de Cola, Ph.D.
Telefon +49 8153 28-2156 | Telefax  +49 8153 28-2844 | tomaso.decola at dlr.de<mailto:tomaso.decola at dlr.de>
http://www.dlr.de/kn/institut/abteilungen/san