[Sis-csi] RE: networking details

Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RCN0) william.d.ivancic at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 8 15:28:35 EST 2007

"Of course: that's why we formed this Cislunar Space Internetworking
working group. But as an international standardization working group, it
should develop a pragmatic and consensus strategy for how it proposes to
move the international space community forward. We need a clear picture
- agreed by all partners - that shows why we need to change, when we
need to change and how we need to change."

///adrian

A quick glance at the subscribers to the mail list show
~116 Total subscribers

Quantity    Country
====================
1     ESA
2     UK
1     France
2     Canada (spacedev)

I think we need a little more international representation before we can
claim international consensus.  So, how can we get more participation
for other counties?  Perhaps and international testbed would be a good -
particularly since it would force us to address shared infrastructure,
security issues including ITAR (for US and whatever it is for other
countries), interoperability, and trust relationships.

Will