[Sis-csi] CANDOS networking details

Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RCN0) william.d.ivancic at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 7 08:02:21 EST 2007

Keith,

Two important things to point out with regards to CANDOS are independent
of mobile-ip (which worked quite well I might add).

#1.  Using static (predictive) routing, CANDOS was able to do blind
commanding (sending commands over a unidirectional link such as may be
required in an emergency situation or to hard reboot a system); and

#2.  Static routing does exactly what you tell it to do.  Static routes
tend to default to the highest priority route (although this is
configurable in Cisco routers and probably other systems).  Thus, when
CANDOS did not remove the static route, the data when exactly where it
was told to go... Off into the either.

Will

William D. Ivancic
Phone 216-433-3494