[Sis-csi] CCSDS Cislunar Telecon tomorrow, 7 Sept

Keith Hogie Keith.Hogie at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 7 13:01:19 EDT 2006

Marc,

  I agree that it's probably best focus on the CCSDS specific details
and put the IPv6 details elsewhere.  I also just noticed RFC 4294
"IPv6 Node Requirements" which runs through lots of the issues you
mentioned.  But it also has words like "must", "should", and "may"
that seem to provide some wiggle room for skipping some of the
options for certain types of links.  I'm not sure we want to
take advantage of all of the "should" and "may" options and just
say we won't support them though.  Those features are there for good
reasons and we may not want to be too quick to drop them without
doing more analysis of our future space networking needs.

Keith Hogie

   Keith Hogie                   e-mail: Keith.Hogie at gsfc.nasa.gov
   Computer Sciences Corp.       office: 301-794-2999  fax: 301-794-9480
   7700 Hubble Dr.
   Lanham-Seabrook, MD 20706  USA        301-286-3203 @ NASA/Goddard