[Sis-csi] cislunar 20061012

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Oct 12 16:44:16 EDT 2006

Keith
Jim Rash
Keith Hogie / Ed Criscuolo
Mike Kearney
Will Ivancic

We need some sort of strawman System Ops Concept (who needs to talk to
who when).  Keith S. to develop for next week.

The whole routing / numbering question -- maybe we can get some people
to try things out over a serial interface to find out:
    Will has hardware, and maybe somebody with a bit of time.
    Goddard testbed spun down on MobileIP; what's available to set back
up?
    Can the two ends be completely unnumbered?  (maybe best)
    Is it OK if the two ends are not on the same subnet?  (next hop
entry in the routing table issues at the sender -- maybe just route out
the interface [same as unnumbered interface?])
    How do MobileIP implementations deal with this?
    Somebody Will knows (sorry, didn't write down the name) is going to
an advanced routing meeting on Monday; we need to get him to carry our
banner too (establish short problem description -- Will)

        --keith