[Sis-csi] Cislunar telecon 20061005

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Oct 5 16:30:25 EDT 2006

Jim Rash
Keith Hogie
Keith Scott

Telecons are now nominally Thursdays at 3:30  [let me know if you've
got conflicts]
==================================

Things to do:
=========
Phase-1: Single Spacecraft to ground station

Addressing Plan
SLE?
Mobility Support
Protocol Stack
    Transport
    Application
    Time

=================================
=================================

CCSDS Review -- which areas need to review the architecture document
    security
    space links
    MOIMS?

Is the SLE data management (tunneling) part of our scope, since we're
looking at end-to-end IP?
What about an additional SLE service management service that stitches
up tunnels?
Get NISN / IONET people involved?        ESA Counterparts?
GN, SN (TDRSS), DSN interactions?      ESA Counterparts?

Interagency Operations Advisory Group (IOAG) (http://ioag.org)
    Keith Hogie will try to find out who from Goddard is going
    Keith Scott will try to figure out who from JPL might be going.
    [It turns out that Dave Israel is giving a SCAWG/Cislunar
presentation, that's good.]

First red book needs to provide a service provider view -- how to build
and support that wonderful architecture we just sold them.

Get a group together to formulate a plan on lab testing
    Plan for phase-3 and demonstrate phase-2.  A realistic scenario
with in-space routing, security, QoS, ... that just shows how all this
stuff fits together [and document the heck out of the tests] might go a
long way towards alleviating fears.  At least we'd know if it could be
made to work or not :)

        --keith